Reaction Injection Molding
RIM(Reaction Injection Molding),is a Rapid Tooling process where parts are made from mixing and injecting PU materials into a mold and cured through a process of polymerization(molecular cross-linking)in a low pressure/room temperature environment.Because of KAIAO's High Efficiency,Short Cycle,Low Cost Production Runs,we can offer the best RIM processing solutions & assure fast deliveries worldwide.
We always strive to improve our products&services and to meet the exact requirements of our clients.Success at KAIAO is driven by our professional RIM techniques&close cooperation with material suppliers.Through the use of our applied techniques&innovative materials,we offer highly customized PU products.
ABOUT RIM PROCESS AND FEACTURES
- Injection Time:(20 seconds).
- Reaction Time:(15-30 min.for Part Solidification and De-Molding).
- Resin Mold Life/Performance Capabilities:(100 to 300 Shots,Parts/Mold).
- ABS Mold Life/Performance Capabilities:(300 to 500 Shots,Parts/Mold).
- Aluminum Mold Life/Performance Capabilites:(500 to 1000 Shots,Parts/Mold).
- Maximun Cast Part Size and Weight:(2000mm x 1200mm x1000mm at 10KG).
ABOUT RIM MATERIALS
- Material Types:(Rigid Polyurethanes and Rigid Foams).
- Material Brands:(BAYER Baydur PU from Germany,DCPD from Japan,HD PU from China).
- Material Properties:(Similar to PP and ABS,Age Resistant,High Impact,and High Temp).
ABOUT RIM PARTS
RIM Part Precision:(±0.20mm/100mm).
RIM Part Wall Thickness:(Optimum:4mm to 6mm / Maximum:10mm).